Frequently Asked Questions
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR MY MUSIC TO GO LIVE IN THE STORES?
Peeksound’s review team will review and approve your release with in on business day. Once your release has been approved, it will be submitted to all the digital stores immediately. At that point, its up to the store on the amount of time it takes them to add your release to their store.
To make sure we meet your specific release date as timely as possible, we recommend uploading your content and paying for distribution at least 4 weeks ahead of your target release date or pre-order start date. To avoid any additional delays, please make sure your release meets the formatting requirements of all the digital outlets.
The time frame listed below is dependent on the digital outlets workload. We do not guarantee the time frame listed below.
- iTunes: 24-48 hours
- Amazon Music: 1-3 business days
- Deezer , iHeartRadio: 3-7 business days
- Amazon On Demand: 6-8 weeks
- Google Play: 1-2 weeks
- Spotify: 5 business days
- All other stores take 1-3 weeks
What format should my release cover & music be in?
All music should be in WAV format and all music covers should be a high quality image that is at least 5000 x 5000 pixels.
Can I submit music/music video I don't own the rights too?
No! It is illegal and you can be sued if you don't own the rights to the music you are submitting. Our team reviews all release and if we determine you are not the owner of the release we will NOT submit your release to the digital outlets. You may also be banned from using our service.
I received an email from SoundCloud Support about a copyright dispute, what do I do?
If your receive this email from SoundCloud, don't freak out.
All you need to do is fill out the form SoundCloud sends you. Here is what the form looks like: https://goo.gl/7kOGKJ
1. What is the name of the artist related to your issue?
Enter your artist name
2. What is the correct URL for this artist's profile?
Enter your SoundCloud artist profile URL
3. Are there tracks on your profile for another artist?
Enter Yes or No
4. What are the URLs for the tracks that shouldn't be on your profile?
Enter any URL of any track that doesn't belong to you
5. Name of requestor
Enter your real name
6. Email address of requestor
Enter your email address
If you still have issues please contact us.
What format is my music video for submitting my video to TV Networks in the U.S & Canada?
Pay Close Attention To The Following
- Max peak audio no greater than -10 dbFS
- Include a 5 second slate
- Include 2 seconds of black before the video starts
- Please include at least 2 frames of black at the end of the video and no more than 1 second
- Closed Captioning is required for all NTSC FINAL deliveries
- Include a blank, safety caption at the start of the video
- Black levels: 0 IRE for HD / 7.5 IRE for SD
- Ensure broadcast safe chroma levels (below 120 IRE)
- NO audio peaks
- NO slate information or graphics on the music video itself
- NO mono audio files or tracks (watch your output settings)
- NO bars & tone
- NO anamorphic videos for (SD)
- NO variable bit rates (VBR)
- NO variable frame rates
- NO lower/bottom field dominance
- NO H.264 masters
Final Broadcast NTSC Master Upload Specifications (Closed Captions Required)
|Codec:||XDCAM HD422 1080i60 CBR
XDCAM HD422 1080p30 CBR
|IMX NTSC 50
|Video Bit Rate:||50 Mbits/s||50 Mbits/s|
|Interlacing:||1080i (Upper/top field first)
|480i (Upper/top field first)|
|Audio Type:||PCM Audio/SMPTE 302M||PCM Audio/SMPTE 302M|
|Audio Sample Rate:||48kHz||48kHz|
|Audio Bit Depth:||16, 24||16, 24|
When will I receive my sales report?
Quarterly sales reports are sent out in the first week of January, April, July, October. If you have a new release it will take about 60 days before we receive a sales report.
How do I withdraw my money?
There is a min. $100 withdrawal. We have two forms of payment PayPal and Check. You can login at any time to withdraw money from your PeekSound account (we do not have automatic withdrawals set up). When you sign in at the login page you will be sent to the "Request Payment" page. Enter your artist name and form of payment. Once we receive your request we will begin processing your withdrawal. You can request for us to send you your money via PayPal, which does not have a processing fee. Transfers can take 3-4 business days to appear. Checks can take 6 - 8 weeks in the U.S, International 10 - 12 weeks.
We do not split payment.
How do I cancel my yearly subscription for my release?
You can cancel anytime and your sales revenue minus our take down fee ($35 per release) will be credited to your PayPal account on file. Click Here To Cancel